Gates Construction’s commitment to safety is one of our top priorities. We believe that all accidents are preventable, and through proper training, employee engagement, empowerment and constant vigilance, we can ensure that everyone returns home to their families in the same condition they arrived at work.
Our safety vision defines us and sets us apart. We are all accountable for ourselves, our coworkers, project partners, and the public surrounding our projects.
We strongly feel that safety is more than just policies and procedures; it’s about instilling a deep commitment to safety that reaches from management to our skilled employees.
Every leader is responsible for, and committed to safety. Every leader at Gates construction is committed to safety.
We take pride in our safety program and the training that we provide for our employees, so that we can continue to maintain a safe work environment.
Training: Competent Person Scaffold Training, Rough Terrain Forklifts, Ariel Lifts (Boom and Scissor lifts), Fall Protection, Rigging and Flagging, Hazcom, CPR, First Aid, Blood borne Pathogens, and OSHA 10hr and 30hr.
- NC Department of Labor: 2013 & 2014 Silver Award
- NC Masonry Contractors Association
- Recognition of exceptional accomplishment and continuous commitment to workplace safety, performing below National Bureau of Labor Statistics “Dart” and “TIRC” standards for General Construction and Masonry Construction.
- Berkley Mid Atlantic Group, LLC
- Partner in Safety Award 500,000 hours without a loss time accident